Nick Cannon – Project Manager Jessica Jarvis – Cadent Engineering Policy Scott Wallace – Smart Compliance Mary Ryan – MOBs Manager
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GD - Safety and emergency
Gas Distribution Networks
MOB40 surveys are completed to meet current legislation and regulations in ensuring pipeline supplies to Multi-Occupancy Buildings (MOBs) are ‘maintained in an efficient state’. If the pipe has been deemed un-refurbishable rechecks (leakage surveys) are planned whilst rectification work/replacement is scheduled.
Methane Alarms are a device that can be fitted in a building to monitor atmoshpere readings. This equipment will then send an alert upon a positive reading so an Engineer can be dispatched to site and complete the work required. This will allow Cadent to maintain this monitoring regime whilst improving availability of resources for other work.
This work is building on the learnings from the previous NIA project IL502.
The objectives of this project are to:
• Develop a device that can be used onsite for monitoring the atmosphere and detect gas readings
• Ensure the device is suitable with our systems and processes
• Qualify the device against industry standards and procedures
• Gain approval from Engineering Policy that the device can be used onsite
• Reduce the cost of monitoring buildings for Cadent
Following Engineering Policy approval this will enable deployment of a fully approved solution for monitoring MOB’s into the UK Gas Network, without the need for an Engineer to be present onsite.
The benefits of the project are:
• Health and Safety – responding to changes in site
• Cost – reducing cost of monitoring process
• Availability – improving Engineer availability for other activities
• Customer – minimal dis
• ruption to customers with reduced visits to site
• Environment – reduction in carbon footprint of site visits
There is also a potential wider scope for deployment into other monitoring activities with interest shown from Customer Team on activities involving vulnerable customers.