Cadent and Wales and West Utilities
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GD - Repair
Gas Distribution Networks
Further advancing development of the product brand name Duraseal, manufactured by Enduratec, to gain approval for use as a joint repair method for metallic mains operating at low or medium pressure with diameters <=18”, currently approved for use only on above ground metallic small diameter pipework screwed joints.
ROSEN UK (Rosen) will support Cadent and WWU with qualification of self-amalgamating tape as a recognised metallic joint repair method that can be buried by completing a series of tests including Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), Laboratory tests and field trials referencing and complying with existing standard and policies and where applicable additional testing will be incorporated.
• Perform Failure Mode Effects Analysis to identify potential failure modes of the proposed system components
• Perform component level testing
• Perform system performance testing to GIS/LC1 for ferrous pipe systems
• Perform long term performance testing according to agreed scope
• Develop and submit a G/23 to gain approval for field trial use
• Undertake a series of field trials to assess self-amalgamating tape performance as a permanent repair for a range of applications to varying joint types on metallic mains in the diameter range 4” to 18” operating at pressure ranges Low to Medium
• Approval of self-amalgamating tape as a recognised repair method for joints on metallic mains as above