HyNet Motion; Optimising Network Delivery of Hydrogen for Vehicle Transport
Cadent Innovation Team
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
GD - Future of gas
Carbon Emission Reduction Technologies
The project can broadly be split into the following three phases:
1. Detailed scoping of the nature and scale of future opportunities to supply hydrogen from the distribution network for road, rail and marine transport projects in the North West.
2. Use of the resulting evidence to identify short-term project development opportunities, which enable wider, subsequent deployment as part of the HyNet project.
3. Development of a roadmap for deployment of hydrogen demonstration opportunities in the North West.
The overarching objective of this work is to develop a long-term strategy (linked to the realisation of the HyNet project), which sets out a pathway to deployment of hydrogen-related transport infrastructure in the North West. To support this objective, there are a range of task-oriented sub-objectives, which can be summarised as follows:
• To define the nature and scale of future opportunities to supply hydrogen from the distribution network for road and rail transport projects in the North West;
• To consider the magnitude and nature of benefits to gas networks and their customers from the supply of hydrogen for transport;
• To explore the technical and commercial barriers to realising these benefits and to provide analysis as to how such barriers might be overcome;
• To identify a set of short-term actions and projects, which enable wider, subsequent deployment as part of the HyNet project, and which other gas networks might support.