Phased Array Cable Avoidance
Cadent Project Manager – Eithne Allen Cadent Technical Lead – Phil Hunter Cadent Project Sponsor – Neil Bethell
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Network Innovation Allowance
Gas Distribution Networks
The building of a small array with the objective of detecting and discriminating difficult to detect pot ended cables at a minimum depth of 500mm.
Stage 2 consists of:
- System Design
- Mechanical Design of a 5 element array
- Electronics Design, printed circuit board layout and small scale manufacture of 2 units
- Embedded software design and testing to excite the array and transfer captured data to a PC for analysis
- Creation of summary report on findings and next steps
- Key outputs include interim and final presentations to report on Stage 2 findings and feasibility, including supporting documents and test pieces.
The objective of this Project is to determine the technical feasibility of the concept as a means of detecting and discriminating “difficult to detect” utilities at a depth of at least 500mm.
Laboratory tests successfully demonstrating that the 5 phased array can both detect and discriminate difficult to detect utilities at a minimum depth of 500mm