Scottish Power Advanced Research Centre (SPARC)
SP Energy Networks
SP Energy Networks Innovation
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Innovation Funding Incentive
High Voltage Technology
Three workstreams have been proposed:
- Asset Engineering: Field based activities, concentrating on the technologies used to gather and interpret data then control and manage individual assets
- Asset Strategy: Office, desktop, PC based analytical activities including the analysis of data, concentrating on underlying trends of asset populations (from asset ageing to network performance)
- System Development: Forward looking network design activities considering the connectivity between the assets. It should consider both the medium term (5 years) and longer term trends (>10 years), which will affect the design of the network (e.g. load, generation, standards, regulations, Ofgem incentives/penalties).
A number of related projects will be developed within each workstream.
The project will investigate the following areas:
- Asset Engineering research stream focuses on methods and technologies that enable better use of individual assets
- Asset Strategy research stream focuses on methods and tools that enable better management of populations of assets
- System Development research stream focuses on analytical techniques that provide SP with better capability to plan and design the power system.