Overhead Line Uprating Project Compact Transmission Lines
SP Energy Networks
SP Energy Networks Innovation
Click here to send a question to the contact.
Innovation Funding Incentive
An EPSRC funded project to investigate options for increasing the capacity of
overhead lines through using the same tower / wood pole infrastructure, but
modified insulator / cross-arm arrangement to increase the voltage at which a
The project intends to work through several key stages in order to move the
development from applied research to development:
- Control of electrical stress
- Control of electrical strength
- Tests and full scale trials
- Environmental consequence impact assessment
- Development of design
- Pilot studies (industrially funded).