National Grid System Operator (SO) invites you to participate in the upcoming Open Innovation Day. Visit our website for more details.
The SO wants to partner with industry and academia to develop projects that address our innovation priorities across the GB gas and electricity systems. Up to £1m is available for the top projects. The streamlined funding application is open now and closes on 28 February. Applicants that pass the first selection round will be invited to develop ideas into fully resourced project proposals alongside the SO’s subject matter experts.
The SO’s Open Innovation Day focuses on five of our 16 innovation priorities:
1. Developing Distribution System Operators (DSOs) & whole system operability
2. Enhancing visibility of Distributed Energy Resources
3. Unlocking Flexibility
4. Embracing gas specification diversity
5. Enabling more non-synchronous connections
These priorities are outlined in the first ever SO Innovation Strategy that was released last week, and are also on the SO Innovation website.
· 08 Feb – Application opens
· 28 Feb – Application closes
· 09 Mar – Successful applications informed
· 23 Mar – Open Innovation Day
· 01 Apr 2018+ – Selected projects delivered
For more information on the event and the SO’s innovation priorities, and to apply to participate, visit our website.