Energy Networks Association (ENA) represents the ‘wires and pipes’ transmission and distribution network operators for gas and electricity in the UK and Ireland. Our members control and maintain the critical national infrastructure that delivers these vital services into our homes and businesses.
Delivering smarter networks will be an essential part of meeting the challenges of our energy future. The Smarter Networks Portal will be the definitive place to find information, updates and learning on our members’ networks and their development of the Smart Grid. It will bring together the experience in the UK with the developments around the world through a repository of innovation, ideas and projects to help deliver a Smart Grid.
The Smarter Networks Portal:
- Provides an overview of the technical and commercial coverage of current smart grid projects in GB
- Identifies activity areas and gaps
- Informs ENA and other parties regarding demand response work
- Highlights ENA’s work on Active Network Management
- Helps develop an understanding of likely sources of cost/benefit data
- Provides relevant information for future innovation funding bids
- Informs the Price Control Review processes
- Promotes the sharing of information and learning to help track progress and outcomes of projects.
For all queries regarding the Smarter Networks Portal, please contact Sam Rossi Ashton:
Sam Rossi Ashton